|Type of employment
- Permanent employee
- LINE offers a variety of services, and handles a large quantity of data. Our specialized Data Labs department provides vital support for these services and overall business growth by doing across-the-board processing of service logs and usage trend data as well as utilizing advanced data analysis and machine learning.
- The department is split into the Machine Learning Team (which is primarily responsible for machine learning-related engineering and development) and the Data Analysis Team (which focuses on data analysis aimed at providing support in making business decisions).
- In this position with the Machine Learning Team, you will be in charge of management for mid- and long-term department growth, coordinating with various stakeholders, as well as assigning projects and managing their progress.
- 【Specifics of Job Description】
- ・Managing team members, as well as assigning and managing projects.
- ・Doing work associated with department building, such as conducting evaluations and hiring interviews.
- ・Planning services and products utilizing machine learning, proposing them to business divisions, and preparing them for introduction.
- ・Managing machine learning services from proposal to release, as well as any future improvements.
- ・Adjusting expected values for quality related to machine learning services, such as precision and service standards.
- 【Technology We Use】
- Python, Scala, Java, C, Numpy, Scipy, scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, PySpark, JupyterNotebook, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, git, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansi
- 【Required Skills】
- ・Experience developing or managing the development of services utilizing machine learning technology
- ・Fundamental knowledge in the machine learning field to collaborate with engineers and carry out work
- ・Experience managing a development team or equivalent experience as a project lead
- ・Conversational English and business level Japanese language skills
- 【Preferred Skills】
- ・Experience managing projects that involve two or more locations and team members that speak multiple languages
- ・Business level language skills (English, Korean, etc.)
- ・Project manager or equivalent experience
- ・Expertise in the machine learning, statistics, and computer science fields
- ・Front-end, server-side, or infrastructure development/management experience
- ・Knowledge and experience with distributed processing systems that handle large amounts of data (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- ・Experience in all machine learning processes, including feature handling and modeling, system implementation, infrastructure building, and evaluation
- 【Who We’re Looking For】
- ・Someone who can maximize engineer performance and independently work with a focus on continuous department growth
- ・Someone who can collaborate with everyone involved (such as service engineers and business departments) to advance projects smoothly
- ・Someone who can work efficiently, smoothly, and professionally
- ・A life-long learner that can always stay caught up with new technology
- ・Someone who feels rewarded by solving project or business issues with machine learning technology
- LINE Fukuoka Corporation.
- JRJP HAKATA Building, 12FL, 8-1 Hakataeki Chuogai, Hakata, Fukuoka, 812-0012, Japan
- Discretionary working time
- 【Working days】
- Monday to Friday
- 【Rest Days, Holidays and Leaves】
- Public holiday
- Year end and new year holiday
- bereavement leave, marriage leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Annual leave
- Refreshment leave (An employee is entitled to 10 days paid leave)
- ※An employee is entitled to 10 days annual leave with pay after having been employed under a continuous contract for every 5 years.
- Fixed annual salary + Incentive (twice/year)
- Other details to be discussed during interviews.
- 【Salary Review】
- 【Other Benefits】
- Transportation allowance, Medical＆Social Insurance, LINE Pay Benefit plan
- 【Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures】
- Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)