|Type of employment
- Permanent employee
- We will assign the project to you after inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences.
- 【Server Development】
- You will be operating and performing API/web application development work for server-side features of LINE’s services.
- 【Responsibilities Include】
- ・Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve server-side software.
- ・Contribute to architectural designs which can improve the efficiency and flexibility of our services.
- ・Mentor and train team members on software design and coding standards.
- ・Work closely with other teams on the development of end-user facing web applications.
- ・Support the development of high quality code through active participation in code and design reviews.
- 【Examples of Server Development Work】
- ・Development and operation of services which support the sale and delivery of paid content such as Stickers, Emoji and Themes.
- ・Service development for LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Market”, “LINE Surveys”, “LINE Part Time Jobs”, “LINE Financial” etc.).
- 【Main Technologies Utilized】
- 【Required Skills】
- ・Professional knowledge of at least one programming language.
- ・3+ years of experience in software development, including coding experience for web services.
- ・Basic knowledge in computer science (e.g. algorithm, data structure, asynchronous I/O, database, network).
- ・Work experience using version control systems (VCS), dependency management systems, and continuous-integration systems (CI).
- ・Communication ability in English and conversational level of Japanese (JLPT N2 or above).
- ・Whilst there are many English speakers at LINE successful applicants may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for at least 3 ~ 12 months after joining. The training is paid for by us, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills.
- ・Motivation to learn Japanese.
- 【Preferred Skills】
- ・Experience developing applications using Java 8+.
- ・System architecture and design experience.
- ・Experience using a Linux development environment.
- ・Experience in the coaching, management and/or leadership of a technical team.
- ・Open-source software development experience and/or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- ・Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.
- LINE Fukuoka Corporation.
- JRJP HAKATA Building, 12FL, 8-1 Hakataeki Chuogai, Hakata, Fukuoka, 812-0012, Japan
- Discretionary working time
- 【Working days】
- Monday to Friday
- 【Rest Days, Holidays and Leaves】
- Public holiday
- Year end and new year holiday
- bereavement leave, marriage leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Annual leave
- Refreshment leave (An employee is entitled to 10 days paid leave)
- ※An employee is entitled to 10 days annual leave with pay after having been employed under a continuous contract for every 5 years.
- Fixed annual salary + Incentive (twice/year)
- Other details to be discussed during interviews.
- 【Salary Review】
- 【Other Benefits】
- Transportation allowance, Medical＆Social Insurance, LINE Pay Benefit plan
- 【Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures】
- Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)