|Type of employment
- Permanent employee
- You will be involved with the development of, and operational work for, the LINE client and LINE Family App clients.
- We will assign the project to you after inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences.
- 【Examples of Work】
- ・Development of sticker/theme/emoji features in the LINE app.
- ・Development of LINE Family Apps (e.g. “LINE Creators Studio”).
- 【Specifics of Job Description】
- ・Collaborating with the Planning and Design teams to bring ideas to life (e.g. through coding, creating unit tests, etc.).
- ・Performing app profiling and improving performance.
- ・Improving and maintaining a CI environment that supports stable development.
- ・Improving code quality through code reviews.
- ・UI/UX improvement.
- 【Technology we use】
- Swift, Objective-C, Fastlane, XcodeGen, Bazel, Thrift, etc.
- 【No Language Skills Required】
- This position requires no prior Japanese language skills. We have a robust English support team and there are many English-speaking employees. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills will be required to attend a Japanese language course for at least the first three months to one year after joining LINE Fukuoka. The language course is sponsored by LINE and is an excellent opportunity to acquire the language.
- 【Required Skills】
- ・Experienced in iOS native application development using Swift.
- ・Experience working in iOS native applications (3+ years).
- ・Basic knowledge in computer science (e.g. algorithm, data structure, asynchronous I/O, network).
- ・Work experience using version control systems (VCS), dependency management systems, and continuous-integration systems (CI).
- ・Communication ability in Japanese or English.
- ・Motivation to learn Japanese.
- 【Preferred Skills】
- ・Experienced in iOS native application development using Objective-C.
- ・Web/Native hybrid applications.
- ・UI/UX design and implementation (e.g. custom views and interactions).
- ・Experience in the coaching, management and/or leadership of a technical team.
- ・Open-source software development experience and/or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- ・Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.
- LINE Fukuoka Corporation.
- JRJP HAKATA Building, 12FL, 8-1 Hakataeki Chuogai, Hakata, Fukuoka, 812-0012, Japan
- Discretionary working time
- 【Working days】
- Monday to Friday
- 【Rest Days, Holidays and Leaves】
- Public holiday
- Year end and new year holiday
- bereavement leave, marriage leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Annual leave
- Refreshment leave (An employee is entitled to 10 days paid leave)
- ※An employee is entitled to 10 days annual leave with pay after having been employed under a continuous contract for every 5 years.
- Fixed annual salary + Incentive (twice/year)
- Other details to be discussed during interviews.
- 【Salary Review】
- 【Other Benefits】
- Transportation allowance, Medical＆Social Insurance, LINE Pay Benefit plan
- 【Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures】
- Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)